Wednesday, December 13, 2023

He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven

by 


Okay, hate to be sentimental, but this is the very first poem that I added to American Literature. I am a big fan of the 1987 movie, 84, Charing Cross Road. 'Nuff said about that. This is a beautiful poem. Enjoy it.


Astrophobos
Westlund 2, Constellation Carina, 2015

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

This poem is featured in our selection of 100 Great Poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Thương Về Đất Mẹ Tác giả: Dương Lam [vophubong] thương về đất mẹ Tác giả: Dương Lam  Ta trở về thăm quê hương cũ,  Trong giấc mơ nỗi nhớ bề...